Image 1 of 1
Chirk Castle - Statue of Hercules and Castle.jpg
The lead statue of Hercules at Chirk Castle, North Wales, was commissioned in the 1720s and originally stood at the entrance to the castle, together with a figure of Mars. In 1770 it was moved to a nearby wood, from where it was retrieved in 1983, before being restored and positioned here by the National Trust.
- Joe Wainwright Photography All Rights Reserved
- Image Size
- 5430x3620 / 14.7MB
- Contained in galleries
- Chirk Castle Gardens - General Images